Free computer and electronic recycling!
The Lake County Computer hobbyist group offers Free recycling to the residents and businesses of Lake, Cuyahoga, Ashtabula and Geauga counties. Don’t pay someone to take your items or throw them into the garbage to be never used again, give them a second life!
Drop off with a smile!
Many people don’t know that old and outdated computer equipment is a health hazard, most waste removal companies won’t even let you dispose of them. and with current strict laws, most county waste departments DO NOT want them in their landfills. Lake County Computer will dispose of your old computers at NO COST to you or your business.
Did you know….
» nearly 90% of what we throw away could potentially be recovered through reuse, recycling or composting
» more Americans recycle than vote.
» The EPA admits all landfill liners will eventually leak and their toxic leachgate, or garbage juice, can seep into and contaminate soil and groundwater supplies. Roughly 20% of the sites on the Superfund list (the nation’s most hazardous sites) are solid waste landfills,
Items that we will accept:
- Computers (desktops,servers, notebooks, laptops, tablets)
- Servers (all types of servers)
- Monitors -No limit on lcd, led, plasma flat panels type)***Due to excessive and repeated abuse, we can NO longer accept any CRT/Tube type monitors*** -a.k.a. the heavy, glass screen type***Sorry!***..all other types are fine..a.k.a. flat panel/flat screen)
- Printers / Faxes (limit 1)
- Copiers all sizes (limit 1)
- UPS & Battery Backup Systems
- Networking Equipment (switches, hubs, routers, network cards, rack stands, enclosures)
- Hard Drives (DVD, CDROM, HDD, Floppy, Tape Backup etc.) **We are in desperate need of SATA Hard Drives, they are usually the missing link for a computer that is to be donated and often we have to buy them with our limited funds**
- Lead, Steel, Copper, Aluminum, Brass, Tungsten, Carbide, Iron (Bits, pieces and parts)
- All stereo and audio equipment
- Cell Phones
- All Palm equipment and Video Game Systems
- Video Games
- DVD Players CD and DVD Media
- Floppy Disks
- All Phone Equipment
- Radios from two-way systems and vehicles (cb radios, walkie talkies, scanners, shortwave, ham, police/fire radios)
- Microwaves / Toasters
- Washers / Dryers
- Ovens and Stoves
- Arcade Equipment (vending machines, pinball, video, misc. dispensary machines)
- Electrical wires, cables, cases, metal racks and other misc. Electronic components and equipment
- Industrial equipment such as motors, welders, CNC, lathes and other Misc. tools.
- PLC Equipment
- Televisions – Due To massive drop off Abuse, We only accept flat screen televisions (LCD, LED, Plasma) No CRT (tube televisions) Tube televisions have a very lengthy and dangerous dismantling procedure.
- If it’s an electrical or mechanical item we will most likely take it!
Items we will NOT accept:
We DO NOT accept: Paints, acids, solvents, chemicals wet or dry, styrofoam, cardboard, or paper. (nothing that leaks or is toxic)
Please recycle paper and cardboard through curbside recycling and chemicals and batteries at county/city sponsored toxic cleanup days.
NO electronics in wood cabinets; No Furniture (we do take solid metal bed frames), No Garbage!
No CRT/Tube type, glass screen, square monitors (aka the heavy old kind) **Due to frequent abuse this policy is being reinforced**
Drop offs are available 7 days a week 7 am to 9 pm.
(It is NOT necessary to call ahead or e-mail before dropping off items – Feel free to leave items in near garage door or on the side sidewalk for collection) Look for the LCC sticker on the garage. This is a residential drop off location, but there is ample space for accommodating a tractor trailer drop off.
All usable items are refurbished and donated to local organizations and individuals for charity, not sold. During 2015-2016, over 20 computers were assembled from donated items and went to random people who could not afford to buy a computer.